- Can I still get a self build mortgage?
- Self build mortgages - Not just for new properties
- Which lenders do you use?
- How much will my self build cost?
- The stages of a self build project
- How much deposit will I need?
- Can I buy a plot without planning permission?
- Do I have to do the building work myself?
- What savings can I make on stamp duty?
04 August 2009
One of the many benefits of a self-build project is that you will only pay stamp duty land tax (SDLT) on the purchase price of the land. Generally this is a fraction of the value of the final property and is generally be below the threshold at which stamp duty is charged (currently £175,000).